Attention observation, nasal discharge alarm for multiple diseases
As soon as winter arrives, babies with snots in their noses suddenly increase.
Seeing the uncomfortable baby “snoring”, parents must be very anxious.
In fact, a runny nose is not a bad thing, it can indicate some potential diseases.
Pay attention to observation, nasal discharge alarm for multiple diseases When the baby has too much nasal discharge, and there are changes in color and concentration, the possibility of nasal disease should be considered.
At this time, carefully observing the consistency, height, and color change of the snot, you can make a preliminary judgment of what kind of rhinitis your baby has, which will neither delay treatment nor be too nervous.
· Clear water-like snot secretions are thin and transparent, like water, and they are more common in the early stages of a cold.
Because the nasal mucosa is congested and swollen, the glands secrete too much and form a nasal discharge, which starts to be watery. 3?
After 5 days, she became purulent and recovered gradually.
· Green cricket snots are mostly thin lumps formed after pus is dried, and have a special odor. This is a characteristic of atrophic rhinitis, also known as stinky rhinitis.
Bloody snot snot with bloodshot or small blood clots, pink.
Nasal trauma, arthritis, foreign body intervention, and systemic diseases such as vitamin C and K deficiency can all have bloody snot.
· The mucopurulent nasal discharge is more common in the late stage of the cold. After the cold is cured, the purulent components in the mucopurulent nasal discharge gradually decrease.
In addition, mucopurulent nasal discharge is also the main symptom of paranasal sinusitis, especially with a cold that lasts for more than 10 days and still has mucopurulent nasal discharge. Consider whether you have paranasal sinusitis.
· Yellow purulent nasal discharge is common in heavier paranasal sinusitis, and the pus smell is obvious.
· Symptoms such as frequent runny nose and nasal congestion, nasal itching, and sneezing are especially obvious after getting up in the morning, and may suffer from allergic rhinitis.
· Smell in the nasal cavity, purulent sputum, or blood stains in the nasal cavity to indicate the presence of foreign bodies in the nasal cavity, which mostly occur in children around 3 years old. For curiosity, paper, beans, peanuts, etc. are stuffed into the nasal cavity, until the water is absorbed.Corruption occurs afterwards and an odor is generated.
· Unilateral runny nose is difficult to come out, the nostrils are not ventilated, and snoring is a sign of nasal polyps.
· Always drag a long snot when talking, nasal sound is heavy, nose is not ventilated during sleep, snoring is loud, and the total length is not fat. Consider adenoid hypertrophy.
For pathological runny noses, such as those caused by the above-mentioned various nose diseases, find a quasi-cause for treatment, the cause has been eliminated, and the phenomenon of runny nose has naturally disappeared or even disappeared.
At the same time supplemented with measures, the effect will be better.
· Creating the environment Because the nasal mucosa is susceptible to temperature, too high or too low temperature can easily cause nasal mucosa to copy too much, leading to an increase in snot. Therefore, in winter, air-conditioning and heating facilities can be used to control the room temperature at 16-24 ° C.The air is too dry. It is best to adjust the relative humidity to about 60%.
At the same time, the room should be kept clean and airy to allow breathing to be smooth and reduce the amount of snot.
· Hot compress Apply a damp hot towel to your baby’s nose.
The nasal mucosa shrinks when heated, and the nasal cavity becomes unobstructed, and the sticky snot can be easily hydrated instead.
Pay attention to gentle movements, do not over towel, to prevent burns.
· Massage parents slowly and gently massage the baby’s nose or wings with both fingers.
· Use a steamer to let the hot air enter the baby’s nasal cavity and moisten the mucous membranes, so that a large amount of nasal discharge can be quickly and naturally discharged.
Note that the steamer should keep a proper distance from the baby’s face, not too close, so as not to burn the skin; the steaming time should not be too long, only 3 minutes.
· Snorting with a nasal aspirator is suitable for babies with a lot of snot and heavy nasal sound when talking.
Parents first check if there is booger in the baby’s nasal cavity. If so, use a hot and humid cotton swab to soften it before using a nasal inhaler. Keep the movement gentle and don’t go too far into the nasal cavity to prevent pain or injury. When sucking the nostril,Killing the other nostril at the same time will work better.
· When there is only a small amount of snot, you can use a cotton swab to plug the cotton swab into the nostril. The standard is about half a cotton ball. The snot in the deep nose can stimulate the nostril with the edge of tissue paper to let the baby sneeze and sneeze.come out.
When using a cotton swab, if your baby is disturbed, it can easily get stuck in the nose, which is very dangerous.
So when your baby is unwilling to clean up, don’t force it.
Teach your baby to blow their noses. Wrong way Some babies suck their noses into their nostrils with their noses, or pinch both nostrils with their fingers and force their noses out.
These two methods are not right, because during the process of adsorption, filtration and cleaning of the inhaled air, there are harmful substances such as dust, bacteria and viruses. If sucked into the nasal cavity, avoid the dirty snot to be swallowed into the abdomen.Both sides of the nostrils pinch the blown nose, and they will be inserted into the back of the nose, the larynx and the sinus cavity, and bacteria, viruses, etc. will sneak into the ears and sinuses. Some babies have otitis or sinusitis.
According to tests by relevant experts in the United States, in the three methods of coughing, sneezing and blowing the nose, there is no secretion of nasal mucosa flowing into the sinuses, except for blowing the nose, which can fill the nose and make the noseIt becomes a breeding ground for bacterial growth.
· Insert your nostril with your fingers in the correct way, and extend your breath with force.
In the same way, scoop out the snot in the other nostril.
If the nose is not ventilated, and the nasal discharge is not easy to come out, you can instill nasal drops suitable for infants and young children into the nostrils to relieve the swelling of the nose and then bleed the snot.
· How to train the baby to blow his nose properly. Parents take the baby’s thumb, first gently point at one of his nostrils, then exhale with the other nostril, and blow out his nose. After the baby has mastered it, use the same method to train the remaining nostril.
Finally, train your baby’s two nostrils alternately.
Judging from the development process of the baby, it is generally necessary to speak before you can begin to learn to blow your nose, because blowing your nose out of your nose involves more complicated actions such as airflow control and tongue application.
Before the baby has mastered the correct method, the parents regularly clear the nasal discharge with a sterile cotton swab or a nasal aspirator, and if necessary, ask an otolaryngologist for help.
Reminder: Why is my baby’s snot particularly high?
A healthy adult can secrete as much as a few milliliters of snot every day, but most of them follow the direction of cilia of the nasal mucosa and flow toward the posterior nostril and throat, which gradually evaporate, so no trace of snot can be seen before the nostril.
Babies are different. First, there are more nasal mucosal secretions than adults; second, the nervous system’s regulation of nasal mucosa secretion and ciliary movement is not sound, so there is a clear nose from the nostril; and third, the baby is not good at exposed nosesWiping off, plus the chance of crying, cause tears to flow into the nasal cavity, which can cause nasal discharge in infants.